I’ve been missing homemade Hungarian cooking for a while now so I decided to try making one of the soups my mother made for us growing up. This was my first attempt at making Hungarian Cabbage Soup ( Kaposzta Leves), I’m surprised how close it tastes to my mom’s! It’s amazing for cold days and it’s also a great soup for anyone trying to lose weight. I made mine in a slow cooker and left it on low for 6 hours while I was away at work. Here are the ingredients I used!
- 1/2 Head Green Cabbage , Diced (Bite sized).
- 1 Small Onion, Diced.
- 1 Box Campbell’s Vegetable Broth.
- 3 Celery Stalks, Diced.
- 1 Small Parsnip, Peeled and Diced.
- 1/2 Large Red Pepper, Diced.
- 1/2 Cup Carrots, Peeled and Diced.
- 1 Pack Boneless Skinless Chicken Tenders, Diced.
- 3 1/2 Cups Water.
- Dash of Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Parsley Flakes.
- 1 Tsp Salt.
- 1 Tsp Hungarian Paprika.
- 1 Cup Tomato Juice.
Dice and Peel required vegetables and combine all ingredients in the crock-pot, set it on low and leave for 6 or so hours! When you come home Voila! a tasty soup awaits you.