I had a craving for Asian style noodles yesterday so when lunch time came around I made a nice steaming bowl. It was a fairly easy recipe to my surprise! I made mine vegetarian since I’m trying to transition my diet but you can very easily make this with any meat that you desire. Here is everything I used and measurements!
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tsp ginger, finely grated
- 1 Tsp garlic, finely chopped
- Dash of salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 Cup asparagus, cut chunky
- 1/4 Cup orange pepper, diced
- 1 Cup broccoli, cut into smaller pieces
- 1/4 Cup red onion, diced
- 2 Tsp soy sauce
- Dash of chilli flakes
- 2 Mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 1 Cup water
- 2 Cups Asian Egg Noodle (Chow Mein noodles)
Now for the simple and easy directions!
- In a deeper pan, heat up the sesame oil. Once heated, throw in all your veggies.
- Then followed by the garlic and ginger. You may add the seasonings at this point too.
- Once the veggies are a bit tender add in the water and noodles. Make sure to flip the brick of noodles so it loosens up better. The water will evaporate on its own, when that happens sear the noodles for about 5 minutes.
That’s it! I told you it was simple! If you follow this recipe it will give you a bowl full of pan seared noodles, just to give an idea of how much it yields.